Managing Director, Chief of Staff
Rodney “Rod” Kulp was a founding member of Total Bank Solutions in 2004. He is a financial services executive with more than 30 years of experience in corporate financial management, business planning and analysis, financial systems, and corporate governance. Rod’s industry focus includes retail brokerage, capital markets, and investment management in both large and small environments.
Rod’s proven results include all areas of financial control, audit, treasury, financial and regulatory reporting, expense control, product analysis, business continuity planning, and systems development.
- Senior Vice President of Jefferies Group LLC, where he was Corporate Controller (North America); completed the acquisition of Depfa First Albany Securities into Jefferies Fixed Income Division
- Chief Financial Officer of Depfa First Albany Securities LLC, where he played a principal role in the formation of the US broker-dealer at Depfa Bank plc and the acquisition of First Albany’s Public Finance Investment Banking business and Municipal Sales & Trading desk
- Assisted in the formation of Total Bank Solutions in 2004; served as Chief Financial Officer from 2004 to 2007
- Vice President and Controller of Reich & Tang Asset Management and Citicorp Investment Services
- Vice President, Director of Planning and Budgeting in the Retail Sales and Marketing Division at PaineWebber (now UBS); also held various positions in the Finance division at PaineWebber
- Began his career as a CPA in the New York office of Coopers & Lybrand (now PWC)
Education and Achievements
- B.A. – Franklin & Marshall College
- M.B.A. – Columbia University
- FINRA Series 27 Principal license
- Certified Public Accountant