CEO & Managing Partner
As CEO and Managing Partner Kirk Botula leads growth strategy and all aspects of day-to-day operations for Total Bank Solutions.
Kirk is a highly experienced early and growth stage CEO and operator with a proven track record of driving results through product, service and business model innovation and building high performance scalable operations in investor-backed organizations with multiple successful exits.
He has more than 20 years of experience commercializing and driving market share expansion of financial services technologies in the banking and asset management sectors.
- Founder and Managing Director of the CMMI Institute where he led the company’s spin-out from Carnegie Mellon University and acquisition while launching a variety of new offerings, increasing global adoption 240% and tripling enterprise value.
- President of Confluence where he was instrumental in creating a global brand that provided enterprise software and services to the world’s largest asset management firms and drove rapid growth through international expansion and new product and service commercialization. Under his leadership, the company captured market share exceeding 70% in North America and 20% globally and earned an industry leading NPS of 40% which drove to a successful venture capital recapitalization.
- Spent his early career commercializing new products for BNY Mellon and Compunetix, where he designed a plan to commercialize a patent developed for NASA that led to a business exceeding $60M in revenue.
Education and Achievements
- Masters of Science in Industrial Administration (M.S.I.A) – Carnegie Mellon University
- Bachelors of Fine Arts (B.F.A) – Carnegie Mellon University